Are you ready for this?
If you’re a wannabe SEO (like me) and trying to learn all you can about the search engine game (important), you grab all the research papers you can that are released.
Here are a few:
Warning: After reading them you may find your eyes glazed over and a puzzled, dazed and confused expression is hardcoded across your face. What to do?
You head over to:
Search Engine Watch to follow the commentary there. And if you’re really wanting to just cut to the goods, you always follow up over at GrayWolf’s blog:
I’ll sum them up in about 6 sentences:
* Spammers will exchange links with friends or colleagues.
* Spammers will buy links from external websites.
* Spammers will get links from directories or web forum signatures.
* Spammers build websites to get links,
* Spammers will link websites websites in a ring or pyramid form.
* Spammers do it to increase rankings and make money.
Thank ye Graywolf!
Gets a tad complicated at times huh.